Important Sleep for Stem Cells too
- Bone marrow or stem cells from an immunologically matched donor are harvested.
- The recipient’s immune system is “conditioned” to receive the donor cells.
- Transplanted donor stem cells migrate to the bone marrow – the vascular space inside the bone and home to hematopoietic stem cells.
- Donor stem cells engraft in the recipient bone marrow and begin to proliferate to generate the cells that enter the circulation and help restore the patient’s blood and immune system.
- Even a partial failure in one of these steps can threaten the success of the transplant.
ABOUT MICHIGAN SPORTS & SPINE CENTER:
We’re innovative leaders utilizing cutting-edge technologies such as musculoskeletal ultrasounds, PRP, stem cell treatment, and other innovative procedures. Michigan Sports & Spine Center is committed to resolving your pain, not simply masking it. We treat the whole body, not just the injury, and perform preventative treatment so your injury doesn’t come back. Our studies prove that Michigan Sports & Spine Center has patient success rates much higher than the national average. We treat everyone from high-profile athletes to your neighbor next door. Our primary focus is getting our patients back into the game of life!