Regenerative Medicine: PRP & Stem Cell Therapy, the Whole Foods of Medicine?
DID YOU KNOW . . .
- well over 1 million patients worldwide have been treated with adult stem cells and have experienced improved health,
- 75+ countries worldwide have undergone stem cell therapy,
- there are roughly 3,500 ongoing or completed clinical trials using stem cells.
Are you or a loved one experiencing . . .
- chronic pain from an injury or accident
- tendon disorders
- back pain
- Arthritic pain?
If so, regenerative medicine may be the treatment option.
What is regenerative medicine you ask? Regenerative medicine is a cutting-edge treatment which utilizes the body’s natural properties to treat painful joint and muscle issues, as well as conditions related to shoulder, hip, knee, elbow and back injuries.
Regenerative medicine is both revolutionary and conservative and takes the approach of naturally healing the body. The Whole Foods of medicine, perhaps!
Depending on your age, health, and condition, you may be a candidate for PRP therapy or stem cell therapy. The two are innovative injection procedures that are used to treat the following:
- chronic pain
- joint injuries
- osteoarthritis or degenerative arthritis
- arthritic joints
- sports injuries
- ligament, cartilage and tendon injuries
- chronic plantar fasciitis
- pelvic pain and instability
- rotator cuff tears
- ACL injuries
- trigger points
- tennis elbow
- golfer’s elbow
- hair loss
What you should know about platelet rich plasma, a.k.a. PRP . . .
- PRP is a concentration of your own blood platelets.
- PRP stimulates native cells and native stem cells to repair when administered.
- An injection of PRP gives your body a natural boost!
What you should know about stem cells . . .
- Stem cells are multipotent, this means they can grow new tissue. This is how the body heals injuries.
- Stem cells have the ability to self-renew.
- We can use our own stem cells which are stored in our bone marrow and adipose tissue.
- Stem cells are easy to obtain.
- Stem cells treat all of the sources of pain in and near the joint: nerve, soft tissue/capsule, and tendon.
Regenerative therapy offers the following benefits:
- increased healing potential
- decreased pain
- increased function
- quicker recovery time
- decreased time away from exercise, sports or daily activities
- low risk, non-invasive treatment, potentially eliminating surgery
Athletes and celebrities have been using PRP and stem cells for years, this list includes:
- Tiger Woods
- Kobe Bryant
- Peyton Manning
- Alex Rodriguez
- Darren McCarty
- David Ortiz
- Christiano Ronaldo
- Angelina Jolie
- Kim Kardashian West
For more information on regenerative medicine, PRP and stem cell therapy, tune into Inside Sports Medicine on 97.1 The Ticket this Sunday, June 24 at 8 am, we’ll have Ed Cibor, Co-Founder & Chief Management Officer of Forever Labs in studio.
Join Dr. Jeff Pierce, Darren McCarty and Forever Labs for The Truth About Regenerative Medicine, an informational lecture and question and answer on regenerative medicine:
ABOUT MICHIGAN SPORTS & SPINE CENTER:
We’re innovative leaders utilizing cutting-edge technologies such as musculoskeletal ultrasounds, PRP, stem cell treatment, and other innovative procedures. Michigan Sports & Spine Center is committed to resolving your pain, not simply masking it. We treat the whole body, not just the injury, and perform preventative treatment so your injury doesn’t come back. Our studies prove that Michigan Sports & Spine Center has patient success rates much higher than the national average. We treat everyone from high-profile athletes to your neighbor next door. Our primary focus is getting our patients back into the game of life!
Sources: Bluetail Medical Group